Saturday 12 July 2008

Joe's review on Skulduggery Pleasant


Well hey guys! It's Joe again with another awesome (if I do say so myself!) review. This week I am going to do a review on Skulduggery Pleasant (by Derek Landy), hence the title.

This book is about a 12 year old girl called Stephanie who inherites a mansion in her Uncle Gordan's will. He wrote horror stories and gothic tales about skeletons and vampires and other such things. But could this peculier man have been writing non-fiction? Could it be that when he writes about these things from experience?

When Stephanie has to stay a night on her own in the mansion she meets a wise- cracking detective, who saves her from certain death from a peculier beast. He tells her that his name is Skulduggery Pleasant. A wizard, a detective........oh...... and dead! From then on Stephanie is thrust into a world of magic where nowhere is safe and no one can be trusted. Can she survive in this world with only a talking skeleton for company? Well you will have to read the book to find out won't you?

I really enjoyed it and, trust me, so will you!
From
Joe Davies

QUESTION: How does this book compare to other fantasies you have read?

NEXT WEEK: I start my four week series review on the Otori Chronicals, starting with Across the Nightingale Floor.

No comments: